Service and Support Administration
Service and Support Administration is a service for children (age 3 and above) and adults with developmental disabilities. The Service and Support Administrators (SSA) support individuals , their families, and guardians by helping them be active participants in their communities. As the “primary point of contact” the Van Wert County Board of DD Service and Support Administrators assist individuals and their families to identify and obtain appropriate services and supports. There are many resources available that individuals can choose from.
As an advocate for individuals the SSA endeavors to safeguard the rights and protect the interests and choices of eligible individuals. Additionally the SSA will monitor and work with agencies and organizations that provide services to individuals with developmental disabilities.
Ohio law mandates the Service and Support Administration within each County Board of DD provide the following:
- Needs assessment to determine the services needed and requested by an individual
- Service coordination to identify, assess and link individuals with the appropriate educational,vocational or residential setting to ensure that appropriate services are being provided
- Service monitoring to assure that all services are being appropriately delivered according to the individual’s service plan and in accordance with established time lines
- Crisis intervention to provide necessary emergency services to individuals and their families on a 24 hour basis
- Information and referral to respond to questions and requests and questions from individuals in the community regardless of their eligibility for services.
The SSA is available to assist individuals to:
- Determine eligibility for services
- Develop plans so people acquire the services they want and need
- Provide information and referral
- Assist in understanding their rights and responsibilities
- Establish budgets for services
- Assist individuals in finding qualified service providers
- Maintain Waiting Lists for residential related services
- Monitor and revise, when necessary, services to insure health and safety and satisfaction with their life
- Develop tools to assist individuals to maintain healthy behavioral outcomes
- Assist individuals in becoming more connected to their communities
- Help individuals and their families in making plans for the future
An individual and their family can expect the following from their SSA:
- Introduction and Eligibility: to determine who is eligible for County Board services
- Discovery: to determine a person’s current abilities, natural supports, and desires in an effort to establish outcomes to be met
- Support Planning: to develop the Individual Support Plan (ISP) to provide guidance for achieving the person’s desired outcomes from requested supports
- Resource Management: to identify, connect and provide methods or funding to meet needs of people the County Board of DD supports. This may be through natural supports or local and Medicaid Funds
- Listening and Learning: a continuous process of gathering information and supporting the person in in meeting their desired outcome.
Service and Support Administrators provide services through Medicaid Waivers, Supported Living and Family Support Services. These services range from 24 care to drop in services.