Training is available from a variety of resources. Van Wert County Board of Developmental Disabilities often uses the Northwest Ohio Waiver Administration Council (NOWAC) to assist individuals with their training.
Before applying for certification you will need to complete the following training:
- The Provider’s Role and Responsibilities
- Introduction to Serving Individuals with Developmental Disabilities
- Universal Precautions
- Individual Rights
- Major Unusual Incidents (MUIs)
- CPR and First Aid
Once the applicant has acquired the required training and certifications and collected all the necessary documents, they will need to complete the online application.
- After you choose an application type you cannot change
- Do not send any materials or information before submission of application
- You must have an email address. This is how the Department will correspond with the provider. Applications will not be processed without an email address.
For more information you may call the Van Wert County Board of Developmental Disabilities at (419) 238-6131.